Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) returned to social media after three months, following the tragic stampede outside Bengaluru’s M Chinnaswamy Stadium that killed 11 people and injured 75 during their IPL 2025 victory parade on June 4.
In their latest Instagram post, RCB said their silence was not “absence” but “grief,” calling June 4 a dark day for the team and its fans. Earlier, the franchise announced ₹10 lakh compensation for the families of those who died. Now, they have started an ‘RCB Cares’ fund to support the injured fans and provide medical assistance.

The accident happened due to poor crowd management, and the entire franchise faced heavy scrutiny. The state government held the franchise fully responsible for the incident, which increased public anger. Right after the tragedy, the franchise had released a short statement expressing their condolences.
Two days before the stampede, Rajat Patidar and his team won their first-ever IPL title after 18 seasons, beating Punjab Kings by six runs at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
Impact on Upcoming Cricket Events in Bengaluru
The tragic incident caused major disruption, leading to the rescheduling of cricket events. The upcoming Women’s World Cup matches at Chinnaswamy Stadium were moved to DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai. Earlier, the Maharaja Trophy tournament was shifted to Mysuru because the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) could not get permission from Bengaluru police.
A one-person inquiry committee earlier declared the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru “unsafe” for large events. Since May 17, the stadium has not hosted any major cricket matches.
FAQ
What prompted RCB to break their three-month silence?
RCB broke their silence to address the tragic stampede outside the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on June 4, 2025, which claimed 11 lives and injured 75 people.
What is the ‘RCB Cares’ fund?
‘RCB Cares’ is a relief initiative launched by the franchise to support injured fans, provide medical assistance, and aid affected families.
How did RCB describe their silence over the past three months?
The franchise said the silence was not absence but a period of grief and reflection following the tragedy.
What previous support did RCB provide to the victims’ families?
RCB had earlier announced a compensation of INR 10 lakh for the families of those who died in the stampede.